Crohn’s disease is a long lasting inflammatory bowel disease that originated inflammation in the lining of gastrointestinal track that causes acute abdominal pain, nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, malnutrition and weight loss.
The disease have no cure yet but the evolution might be slows down from the treatments. The treatment for Crohn’s disease involves different types of therapies, nutritional supplementation, and medication and in rare and complicated cases surgery take place. Treatment relay on the condition and severity of the disease.
Crohn Disease Treatment without Drugs
Crohn’s disease can be cure naturally mostly patients elect natural treatments to minimize their symptoms. There are various natural treatments to lower the symptoms.
- Vitamin-D: Researches has found that vitamin-D is protective against heart disease, infections and cancer. Vitamin-D is advantageous for crohn’s disease also. Vitamin-D deficiency can cause the progression of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Fish Oil: Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish oil have anti inflammatory belongings that may help to minimize Crohn’s disease symptoms.
- Exercise: Exercise helps to reduce the toxins from the body, it helps to remain emotionally balanced you really enjoys when you feel relaxed and good because your body releases hormones. Exercise also helps to encounter diseases.
- Biofeedback: biofeedback is a relaxation therapy from a machine you can empower to see how you body responses to pain. You can also learn to manage the responses towards body temperature, blood flow, brain waves, muscles contraction and pain.
Crohn Disease Treatment with Drugs
Some medications are available to minimize the symptoms and inflammations of gastrointestinal track but it accommodate some side effects.
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids help to decrease the inflammation of the body. Doctors recommend it for short term consolation of the symptoms. The patients who have acute crohn’s disease doctors prescribe them prednisone or methylprednisolone.
- Immunomodulators and immunosuppressive medication: The causes of Crohn’s disease in still unknown but researches has suggested that it may caused by the immune system the cells that protects the body attacks the GI track because of this medication that regulate or suppress the immune cells can help. These medicines include azathioprine (Imuran), mercaptopurine (Purinethol), cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune) and methotrexate (Rheumatrex).
- Biologics: If other medicines stop working then doctors prescribe biologics. Biologics is a new type of medication that is used for the patients of moderate to severe crohn’s. The common medications are infliximab (Remicade), adalimumab (Humira), certolizumab pegol (Cimzia) and natalizumab (Tysabri).