If you are facing trouble in falling or remaining asleep, or you wake up while feeling unrefreshed, you might be going through insomnia. Insomnia is a symptom. It might be produced by anxiety, stress, depression, pain, disease, medicines, sleep disorders or poor habits of sleep. Your sleep setting and health habits might also play a part in your problems of sleep.
Some medicines can cause insomnia also. These comprise of medications for allergy and cold (some decongestants and antihistamines, heart disease beta blockers, high blood pressure (anti hypertensives), thyroid disease and birth control (hormones), in addition to asthma and pain medications (comprising of caffeine).
Natural Insomnia Experience
Some usual sleep disorders can also produce poor sleep. These disorders extends from restless legs syndrome which is a crawling, creeping sensation in the legs only released by movement to a sleep apnea of the bed partner which is a breathing disorder with loud snoring.
Insomnia might be faced for a few days, for about 2 to 3 weeks, or it might be chronic, enduring for three weeks or more. The chronic insomnia is more problematic to deal with, and does not go away on its own. Many people face insomnia, mainly women before hand and at the start of the menstrual cycle, through out menopause and pregnancy.
The Natural Insomnia Symptoms:
Before you can cope with insomnia, you must identify its reason. Your physician may enquire about your mood. Are you Anxious? depressed? Under stress? Could your insomnia be produced by medications, pain, and disruption in your life because of travel across time zones, or working for the non-traditional shifts? Could alcohol, caffeine,spicy foods or nicotine play a part in your problem of sleeping?
Insomnia can have a very severe influence on quality of life, safety and productivity:
- People having insomnia are four times as probable to go through depression as individuals who sleep well.
- Absence of sleep because of insomnia might contribute to illness, counting heart disease.
- Job safety, at home, and on the road might be affected by drowsiness.
- People having insomnia might miss more time from work or get fewer promotions.
- After a poor night’s sleep, numerous individuals report achieving fewer everyday tasks and relishing less activities.