Liver disease damages the liver and makes difficulties in performing regular functions. Liver disease is also known as hepatic disease. A very common form of liver disease is viral infection.
Liver is the largest organ of the body it helps in digestion of food, remove poisons and store energy. Liver diseases have many types. Some of the liver diseases caused by viruses are Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C. Other liver diseases are caused by alcohol, drugs, poisons etc.
There are many medical and home treatments for liver diseases. Treatment involves dominance of complications and gives your liver time to cure.
Liver disease Home Remedies
- Carbohydrates: Avoid taking bad carbohydrates like sugar, pastries, white bread, refined foods etc.
- Fats: Avoid taking bad fats like saturated and fat containing foods such as high fat meat, lamb, beef, pork, butter, chicken with skin, ice-cream, whole fat dairy products, cheese, lard, etc.
- Less Sugar and Salt: Always try to use less quantity of sugar and salt in regular diet.
- Vitamin-C: It is essential which will help to cure liver damage.
- Ginger root: Ginger root is essential for digestive system it supports digestion and helps to eliminate the toxins from the digestive tracks. Make a ginger tea by boiling ginger slices in water or green tea.
- Vitamin-E: Vitamin E has curative complexions that help to protect the liver against toxins that helps normal cleansing process.
- Grape Fruit: It is rich in Vitamin C and anti oxidants that increases natural cleansing process.
- Barberry: It helps to support in nourishing the liver and assist to perform genuine functions. If it is taken in over dosage then it originates some toxicity.
- Bananas: Bananas are rich with potassium; it helps to overcome low potassium levels and cleansing the liver. It also helps in digestion and heavy metals and releases toxins from the body.
- Turmeric: Taking turmeric in regular diet or supplements helps to reduce inflammation in the body and support digestive conditions.
When liver disease becomes acute the only treatment is liver transplant. Liver transplant is a surgical undertaking, in liver transplant the doctors remove the mutilated liver from the patient and substitute it with a new liver come from a living donor. Liver transplant is a feasible treatment for the end stage of the liver disease. The number of people is much larger waiting for liver transplant then the number of liver available.