Neurological disorders are the diseases that affect the brain and central nervous system (CNS). Neurological disorders are doubtless among the other illnesses that human beings are facing, it can impair brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerve functions.
There are many types of neurological disorders that can affect a person in many ways, on different stages of life, in different ages. Some of the neurological disorders are present by birth and many develop with time due to other physical and mental problem. Some of the neurological disorders and their treatment are:
Treatment for Dementia
Dementia is a medical term used for loss of mental functions, such as memory and thinking. Dementia is not considered as a specific disease usually it takes place due to different medical conditions and diseases. Dementia has different types that are curable, the symptoms of dementia can control by several treatments, treatment of dementia includes
- Medications: The symptoms of dementia are improved by different medications that include Memantine that works by regulating a chemical messenger in the brain known as glutamate and cholinesterase inhibitors that boost the levels of the chemical messengers which commit with memory and judgment.
- Therapies: Several therapies are drawing in to overcome the symptoms and behavior problems such as occupational therapy, modifying the environment and modifying tasks.
- Alternative medications: The alternative medications that are supplements, herbals and vitamins such as Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids and Ginkgo
Treatment for Alzheimer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative disease that takes place when the nerve cells in the brain die. The treatment of the disease based on the diagnosis, symptoms and causes. The doctors or health guider recommend any treatment plan by examining a person’s condition completely.
- Some of the medications are used to treat Alzheimer’s disease.
- The rehabilitation programs for the people with this disease are designed to manage the disorder.
- Doctors recommend the patients to do regular physical exercise, nutrition, health maintenance and social activities to get rid of the disorder without medication.
Treatment for Parkinson’s disease
Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disease that primarily affects the motor functions; the common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are loss of coordination, tremors, sluggishness, stiffness and impaired balance and posture. Parkinson’s disease is not curable but the symptoms can overcome by different treatment methods that are,
- Medications: Most of the people are treated through several over the counter medication that are Azilect, Comtan, Dopar, Neupro, Sinement, Tasmar and many other.
- Alternative Treatments: Therapies are also used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Relaxation and guider imaginary are suggested to the patients that slow down the progression of the symptoms.
- Surgeries for Parkinson’s disease: Several surgeries are recommended by examining the medical history and severity of the disease the surgeries are Pallidotomy, Gamma knife, Thalamotomy and Deep Brain Stimulation.