There are many ways to overcome the disease and lessen the frequency to degenerate the disease progression. Treatment can also reduce the symptoms of MS. The different treatments of MS includes some physical exercises that can play a vital role to manage the symptoms, when you exercise and feel tired you feel not to exercise again, the less you exercise the more you feel tired that’s why physical therapy for MS patients is fitted carefully, a therapist may recommend the best exercise according to the mildness and severity of your symptoms, the MS patient should do PT during relapsing the functional changes like in walking, coordinating, strength or energy, the main objective of PT is to get back the previous functions. The other treatment for MS is Immunomodulatory Therapy that deals to slow down the progression and reduces the relapsing symptoms.
New Treatments for Multiple Sclerosis
Stem cell Therapies for MS
MS is an autoimmune disease that affects the myelin sheath around nerve cells; researchers have found some same stem cells that are present in a healthy subject in MS patients that attacks the myelin sheath around the nerve cells and also cause tissue damage. These auto reactive stem cells in MS patients form many kinds of inflammatory hormones known as cytokines, this helps to find out new treatment for MS. The stem cell treatment includes:
- The process of remyelination is done by introducing adult mesenchymal stem cells (differentiate variety of cells like bone cells, muscles cells, fat cells, cartilage cells etc) which are present in many tissues differentiates and mend the myelin sheath around nerve cells it also helps to repair the immune system.
- Another stem cell treatment is Analogue Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation these stem cells which are derived from a person’s bone marrow is stored and the other immune cells are destroyed by chemotherapy or radiation or sometimes both. The stored cells are reintroduced by admixture in the vein. The cells roam to the bone marrow and produce new cells over the time.
Drugs to treat Multiple Sclerosis
Drugs use to treat MS include
- Teriflunomide (Aubagio): It stops the multiplication of immune cells and reduces the numbers of two type cells that damages the myelin sheath.
- Dimethyl fumarate (Tecfidera): It has antioxidant effects.
- Alemtuzumab (Lemtrada): It kills certain cells that are involved in immune cells attacks on myelin. It is not recommended with more than two other medicines because of very serious risk related to it.
The injected drugs include
- Interferon beta-1a (Avonex) and Interferon beta-1b (Betaseron): It contains a type of protein interferon beta produced by immune cells that helps to fight against infection.
- Glatiramer (Copaxone): It stops T cells to attack myelin sheath
- Natalizumab: It prevents the immune cells from moving towards the bloodstream
- Mitoxantrone: Prevents the immune cells that cause MS.
Treatment Centers for Multiple Sclerosis
If anyone wants any information or want to visit treatment centers to treat MS clinically, here we have Top 10 treatment centers for MS.